Zika Virus....Read more below
Vital Protection is a highly effective, market leading anti insect protection technology that can safeguard the user and fabric from biting insects like mosquitoes, midges, sand flies, fleas and bed bugs. Vital Protection will also inhibit odours and fabric degradation - 3 enviable, much sought after benefits in one vital product!
Why Vital Protection?
Vital Protection gives durable, long lasting protection in a safe, environmentally friendly way. It has well documented proven effectiveness and independent recommendations. Mosquitoes and other biting insects cause serious disease such as Malaria, Dengue Fever, Zika Virus and West Nile Virus - Vital Protection can keep you safe, healthy and hygienic.
Vital Protection can be applied to almost any textile or polymer based product. It is suitable for most substrates, has excellent washing durability and is compatible with all known manufacturing and finishing techniques. It will have no effect on the feel and touch of the fabric or have a negative impact on moisture transport.
Vital Protection is suitable for most articles including outdoor textiles, home textiles, clothing, shoes, floor coverings, wall coverings, foam items and various plastic end uses. It is perfect for application on active, outdoor and sportswear and outdoor equipment (e.g. tents and sleeping bags) that will be used on adventure travels. In countries where mosquitoes and biting insects are prevalent, there is no limit for scope.
Vital Protection is currently being used by some of the most respected and well-known brands in the outdoor and commercial fabric markets as well as the home and textile industries.
Go to our Press Cuttings page to see what the media says about Vital Protection or contact: email@example.com
- Prevents bites from a host of insects including mosquitoes and midges
- Protects fabrics against odours, discolouration and staining
- Anti-bacterial and anti-fungal
- Environmentally and user friendly
- Durable and long lasting
- Ideal for sports & active wear, outdoor equipment, home, commercial and medical textiles
The World Health Organization (WHO) has confirmed protection against mosquito bites as the key to prevention against the Zika virus infection.
- Outbreaks of Zika virus disease have been recorded in Africa, the Americas, Asia and the Pacific.
- The Aedes mosquitoes are carriers of Zika virus, Dengue fever, Chikungunya and Yellow fever.
- People with Zika virus disease can have symptoms including mild fever, skin rash, conjunctivitis, muscle and joint pain, malaise or headache.
- There is scientific consensus that Zika virus is a cause of microcephaly and Guillain-Barré syndrome, with Brazil reporting this association in 2015.
- There is currently no vaccine for Zika virus.
Aedes mosquitoes usually bite during the day, peaking during early morning and late afternoon/evening, as a result the prevention advice is to:
- Wear clothes treated with insect protection
- Use mosquito nets treated with insect protection
- Use insect repellents
Vital Protection provides effective protection against the Zika Virus transmitted by the Aedes aegypti mosquitoes. With our Vital Protection range which can be impregnated, mixed or sprayed onto textiles, clothing, mosquito nets, equipment or paint, we offer the leading anti-insect technology that can safeguard the user and treated item from biting insects like mosquitoes, midges, sand files, fleas and bedbugs as well as inhibit odours and fabric degradation.